We had a fabulous time yesterday with family and friends, celebrating Logan's 3rd Birthday with a robot theme party. About six months ago, for some reason, Logan kept saying he wanted to have a robot party. I had lots of fun thinking about this theme for months, finding little treasures for their favor bags (aka aluminum cans), and browsing all kinds of blogs and pictures through pinterest. I really enjoy all the preparation that goes into a party and it's a bit of a let down for me when it's all over. Even though there are things I wish I could have done differently, a friend reminded me by saying, "The decorations are cute and the kids are having a good time, so the party is a success." Sometimes I think I'm a bit crazy to put so much time into the decorations and all the details that hardly anyone would ever notice, but I enjoy the creative process and it is relaxing for me. Some people watch tv or are on facebook, I would rather sew a cute fabric banner. :) During the party, kids got a chance to dress up with buckets on their heads, robots arms and shoes, and use tongs to pick up prizes. We also had foam robot crafts, and robots to color or bedazzle. We had vegetables and crackers to build your own edible robot, along with "computer chips," "power bars," "assorted parts skewers," "nuts & bolts," "machine oil," and "fuel cakes." If anyone ever wants to have a robot party, please feel free to borrow my banners, lanterns, silver wrapping paper, or vintage robot. My biggest advice though... make the cupcakes early!! And deligate someone in advance to frost cupcakes so you don't surprise a friend by having her rescue the buttercream frosting from the hands of your husband 20 minutes before the party starts. Thanks Julie for all your help!! :)
| At birthday parties, only my family dresses for the theme. We love that! Such cute robot nieces we have! |
I made this onesie for Blake after seeing fun fabric robots on Etsy. I could never get a great picture of it on him. He was drooling all over it and the glue was coming off (should have sewed it!), plus he was squirming and covering the robot. sigh...
Now to plan the next party... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment