Sunday, November 14, 2010

O Christmas Tree!


















Most people I know would say it's much too early to be decorating for Christmas, but that is not the opinion of our Brady! Shawn made a silly comment tonight to Brady asking him if he wanted to get a Christmas tree. Brady was quickly enthusiatic and proclaimed, "Let's go to Michael's! Let's get a tree!" I then asked Shawn why in the world he would say such a thing to a boy who has wanted a Christmas tree everytime he has seen one for the last three weeks. So to solve the problem, Shawn and Brady went and pulled a little porch decor tree out of a corner of our basement and brought it to our living room. The boys had so much fun looking at it and decorating with a plastic key toy or a bag of popcorn (after Shawn again had another brilliant idea of making a popcorn chain for it). They did a great job looking and not touching and we decided it was a good trial before we got a big tree in a few weeks. Tonight once when Brady was going upstairs he said, "Bye Christmas tree. I'm going to get..." So cute. :) When Shawn asked him what he wanted to do tomorrow he said, "Turn on Christmas tree." I guess it's never too early to make a child's day and decorate with a little tree. Oh, and have Christmas music playing and a peppermint candle burning. Maybe those things were for Shawn. ;) hehe

No comments: