Sunday, April 25, 2010

another day in the life of a mommy







Certainly I am not the only mommy that feels like I could use a day (or two!) without my kiddos so I could get something done! We definitely have lots of fun playing and usually I can find some time to myself, but lately for some reason, it has been exceptionally busy. I haven't been able to feel caught up and my to-do list is getting longer all the time. Today I am so proud of myself because I actually did something that has been on my list for several weeks. While Brady sat at the window watching Shawn fertilize the grass, I cooked and prepared butternut squash to freeze for Logan. I never made my own baby food for Brady, but after talking to several other mommies, I decided it couldn't be that hard, it's better for Logan, and should help us save a few bucks. Tonight when Shawn and I were cleaning up I was confessing to him that I'm glad I got a start on making baby food just to say I did it. I'm not sure if I'm saving that much money considering the time that I put into it, but I sure do hope it's healthier for Logan! I look forward to making blended lasagna treats for Logan when he's ready for that. It seems much yummier to give him what we're eating and freeze some for later than it is to buy him something that's stable at room temperature for several months....hmmm. Anyway, I would love to be more of a Martha Stewart mommy. I like to prepare healthy meals for my family, keep my house clean, record stories of the boys' life through scrapbooking, and have pretty flowers planted around our house. This was just one more step toward being the kind of mommy I dream of being.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Trisha, you are amazing. Beth also made her own baby food w/ Eli. It was awesome. Martha would be proud. :) I just try to keep my head above water... hahaha Good luck on the new adventure and you have a beautiful family. Look we both are mommies of two!! :)Jess