Tuesday, August 7, 2012

update on our fun activities

I took this picture of little Blake in the high chair after I spent about an hour deep cleaning it (with a toothpick!) from the previous two users. I decided I wasn't going to ever give him bananas in it... except he loves bananas! :)
Logan and Brady both love to feed their bears, just like we feed Blake.


One of our friends hosted an Olympic playdate last week which included some crafts: visors, cereal glued on the "O," and designing your own shot put and flag. Canada won two out of three of the competitions: javelin (pool noodles), and long distance running. (They came in a bit behind in the shot put competition. After the medals were awarded, Brady asked Julie, the hostess, why all of their medals were the same color. haha. I was pretty pleased with my last minute "costumes" since I had cut out letters out of fabric and accessorized with some of Shawn's sweat bands. :) (my boys won the best dressed honorable mention)






Logan is getting pretty creative these days. He brought arm floaties and a bunch of toys to Blake's playmate and pretended with him that they were swimming.

Does anyone else have kids that do this!? I could have easily fallen down the stairs while avoiding stepping on toys.

We went to a fire station open house this weekend to help Brady understand more about his firefighter obsession that he has lately. Their favorite part was seeing the dummy, "fireman Sam" and climbing in the Medstar helicopter.



 We spent yesterday afternoon out on the lake. It was a beautiful day and the boys had their first tubing experience. They loved it!!


I have a really cute niece! :) And she is really photogenic!



1 comment:

Julie said...

The Olympic party photos turned out great!