Monday, December 6, 2010

december memories begin

December started off with a bang and we've had lots of activites already. We went to a live nativity where Logan got licked by a camel and Brady was thrilled to see baby Jesus in the Ranger. Brady has an advent calendar with fun activities like a Veggie Tales Christmas cd and a new Christmas book. Tonight I let Brady open the Candy Land game I've been saving for him since the $5 sale last Christmas. He will be three in April and I think he's pretty smart so we tried to play it. I think he had more fun lining up all the pieces and playing with the cards. He does know his colors really well and we actually played the game correctly until the last third of the game when he skipped ahead and I let him. He's so funny because he just kept saying, "Let's play." To him a game is running around the kitchen or getting a marshmallow thrown in his mouth. Hopefully he will be onto more advanced things like Candy Land soon! After our game we did a little coloring and Brady loved to push the button on the camera for the self-timer pictures. There are so many things that make me laugh every day that Brady says or does. I just want these moments to slow down so I can remember every detail. Tonight he was in bed and had to go potty. He has become a master at stalling at bedtime, so we've really had to try to make a few rules. As he and Shawn were going down the hall toward the bathroom I heard Brady say, "I can't go...I do push-ups." Hilarious! I think it's so funny that Shawn came up with that (leave it to his way of discipling at camp). Anyway, I write at least one quote from Brady everyday. Love these early speaking days with new concepts forming all the time.



















Yesterday we attempted to take some of our own Christmas card pictures in the snow, which may or may not be on our card...I still have to decide if I will torture the boys again in order to have a better picture. Logan was pretty photogenic by himself, but we realized later in the day he has a chip off his front tooth that makes a cute smile with a sharp fang! :( Off to the dentist tomorrow...Some of you may know I was just there for Brady two weeks ago for a bumped tooth that turned gray and he had to have x-rays. These boys are so silly! After we took some pictures we got our tree with Brian and Julie, had them over for lunch, and they brought yummy cookies to decorate. We set up our tree last night and the boys just wanted to climb on boxes. Logan managed to only break one ornament and Brady loved "fixing the tree." Sweet December memories!!!







No comments: