A few days ago we looked online for ideas dealing with toddlers and Christmas trees. We decided not to fence in our tree for safekeeping, or put on our sparkly (but pretty!) glass ornaments, or to even stray from our tradition of buying a real tree. No, instead we decided to let Brady touch the tree and the ornaments that didn't seem like they could be damaged easily. Well today he broke his third ornament when he threw it across the room. So now we have moved all the ornaments up high in the tree and we're contemplating giving the tree to my parents since they don't have one yet (Shawn doesn't want to do that though because we need to teach Brady how to treat all the other trees he will see at our family and friends' homes), or put up a four foot barrier around the tree, or buy plastic ornaments. I think we'll probably go with plastic ornament idea so we need do a little shopping and see what we can find. I'd even love to do a cute chain made of paper or popcorn, but I know those would get destroyed in minutes too! Guess we'll just keep making memories because that's what it's all about!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
a new computer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What great pictures!! I'm glad you were able to post them all.
My roommate and I just got our tree up and decorated today. It's so fun!!
Post a Comment